The Countdown Continues
I have discovered that I am not very good at blogging.
We are down to less than 3 weeks until we leave Seattle. Jack's work schedule has changed again and he is semi-working until I finish work as well. However, his job at work is mainly finding all the T-Mobile equipment that has migrated home and returning it to work. Since I had wanted him to clean up all his computer stuff, this mandate makes me very happy. 😀
Jack and I have started learning Waray Waray, the language spoken on the islands we will be on. About 3 million people speak it, which is about to increase by 2. We have all the "goods" down- Good Morning "Maupay nga aga", Good Day "Maupay nga adlaw", Good Evening "Maupay nga gab-i", Good Noon "Maupay nga udto" and Good Afternoon "Maupay nga kulop". (Although Jack is still looking for "Good grief") We are now trying to learn question words, body parts, family, and numbers plus random sayings. We have our flashcards going. ("Ayaw kabaraka"- don't worry.)
Comments
Post a Comment