Adventures


The sad part of starting a new adventures is that you are leaving an old adventure behind. We had our farewell staff meeting at McKnight today. They had such complimentary things to say about me- how I made mandatory training fun and my sense of humor. I have loved that these people have thought I was funny. It is such a novel experience. I guess it means I have found my people. Although, they teach and work with a middle school mentality, so that may not be quite the compliment I thought. They gave me a plant as a farewell. They obviously don't know my skills, or lack thereof, with plants. I can keep people alive, but plants are not people. They don't like excess--excess sun, excess water, excess touching. I know why I am a nurse, not a gardener. My assistant at work will keep it alive for me for when I come back. At least I won't have to blame the eminent demise of this poor defenseless plant on my sons staying home to care for the house. 

Jack has had his own hard farewells with the guys he has worked with. Some of them have been together for almost 20 years and some it just feels like it has been that long. 

Comments

  1. Here I thought they were trying to kill the plant off by giving it to someone who was going to be going to the other side of the world and wouldn't be around to care for the plant. Anyway, guess that is one way to have someone wait for her return.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fjordlands

Noumea, New Caledonia

Auckland Temple