George

 

This is George. He hides in our kitchen and runs across the walls when I'm not looking. I will catch glimpses of him from the corner of my eye. He may have a friend as I saw one that looked much larger than George. Either that or he is growing big on all the bugs he gets to eat. 

For those worried about the cockroach, I found a dead carcass of one on the living room floor.  I really must have scared him to death (hopefully) as we didn't kill him.

I also get to wear the lovely perfume of Deet. My first day I got a bunch of nasty bites on my leg and arm, just the right side. At least I know that the insects here choose the right!


Update: There is a George and a Georgette. We saw them chasing each other behind the fridge while I was preparing dinner. Glad to have that settled.

Further update: it was not the same cockroach. Jack had to spray him with bug spray to kill him. Later, we had two more cock roaches who had come in from under the front door. I sprayed both of them, then felt guilty. They were running around but one side of them was droopy and turning gooey. When those died, we staked the carcass of one of them near the front door to warn other cock roaches away. It seems to be working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fjordlands

Noumea, New Caledonia

Auckland Temple