So it Begins
Jack and I started our training in Salt Lake. We are at the Marriott Residence Inn where my training is in a meeting room and Jack is doing it online in the hotel room via Zoom [He feels right at home!]. I had a fast introduction to lots of people and lots of policies. My least favorite was legal counsel. They basically said that we can't evaluate or treat, we are only there to advise. Our licenses are not necessarily recognized in foreign countries and we don't know the local laws. While I understand that, it still makes me very sad. I get the worst parts, paperwork, and the only fun part is talking with the people and developing relationships. They said that there are about 548 claims worldwide every day and over 200,000 per year. That is for people who have to have additional help instead of just advise on how to manage at home.
After sitting in class all day, Jack and I decided to take a walk down to temple square. Most of the area is under construction as they put a new foundation under the Salt Lake Temple and create new visitors centers. We could walk around the conference center and the old tabernacle. As we were walking back, this piece of art caught our attention. Each sign has opposites written on them. We are in the midst of all that, a confusing place to be. This seemed like a perfect place to start.

Comments
Post a Comment