Cultural Dances
We just had our Christmas conferences with all the missionaries. It was divided into two groups as we couldn't get all 180 plus missionaries together at the same time. The first night was the talent show. It was so fun to see these missionaries perform. My favorites, of course, was the islanders dancing. Jack caught a video of the first group's tongan dance. All the other islanders in attendance came up to support her. It's just part of the culture. I'll see if I can get a copy of the video from the second group of the Samoan dancer. Very similar, yet more energetic, response from the islanders in that group. We also had a large group of elders from Africa perform a number.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bA2HEJWHCnVZC8yt8 Tongan Dance from Jack's photo blog. She is very good and the support of the other islanders was totally awesome.
The Philippines are quick to showcase their cultural dances. There was a new appliance store that opened near us. On opening day, they had dancers come as part of the opening. When a new McDonald's opened in Abuyag, they had Filipino dancers come dance there as well.
Even for our Christmas conferences, during the talent night we had some Filipine dances. I got to participate in the Tinkiling as well as the Unity Dance. I will post that video here as well.
Comments
Post a Comment