Legal Driver

 The mission president and his wife brought back our passports and alien cards. With everyone else out on a tour of Tacloban, we took the multicab [jeepney] into downtown to the drivers' license office, called the land transportation office here. We brought all the documentation and stopped to get a medical exam on the way. The medical exam was sort of a joke. They asked us our name, birthdate, height and weight (no checking on your honesty here! In fact, when I said I was 5'3", the guy said no, that's too tall and lowered my height) and I got a vision test. They didn't even bother to check Jack's vision as he was wearing glasses. It only took a few minutes. The guy who helped me, Christopher, had met with missionaries many years before. Sort of fun. Anyway, we got down to the office all hot and dripping sweat. We sat in the crowded room for about an hour or so while they processed our paperwork and we came out with this cool souveneir of our time in the Philipppines. Jack will actually use his. I am saving mine for an emergency.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fjordlands

Noumea, New Caledonia

Auckland Temple