Don't drink the Cherry Coke


 One thing we often see along the sides of the road is rows of red and green Coke bottles. These are the large 1 liter size. I thought they had a huge addiction to Cherry Coke. Come to find out that the red one is gasoline and the green one is cooking oil. I saw it first hand when our trike driver pulled up to one of these places, grabbed the red coke bottle and dumped it into his gas tank. I wish I had grabbed my camera for a picture of the red coke swirling into the motorcycle.

I am now careful of what I drink. We did learn that almost all the soda in the Philippines not only has regular sugar in them but the fake sugars as well. That was enough to keep us drinking water, or pineapple juice.

Filling the coke bottle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fjordlands

Noumea, New Caledonia

Auckland Temple