Waiting for a doctor
At times I get to spend quality time in the hospital waiting to see a doctor. Most doctors have offices in one or more hospitals. Days and hours of the clinic are posted on the door. There's a receptionist at the desk and the doctor's office is behind the door.
On this particular day, the doctor had office hours from 9 am to 11 am. I had gotten a text that morning about 7 am saying that they were already in. I picked up the missionariesgoing to the appointment about 8:30 am and we got there about 9 am. There was already a long line of people waiting, probably who arrived around 7 am.
Just before 10, I asked the receptionist if she knew when the doctor would arrive and more importantly if she would be seeing patients after the office hours ended at 11 am. Soon and yes, she would see everyone on the list. We were about #10. The doctor arrived a little after 10 am. We got in to see the doctor a little before noon. Did I mention it was hot with no fans blowing in the hallway? I feel like I lose brain power every time I sit in the hospital. Maybe that's why the word 'pit' is in 'hospital'.


Comments
Post a Comment