Earthquake
We had just gone to bed Tuesday night when the bed started to shake. I looked over at the curtains and they were swaying as well. Then the fan went off. We were in an earthquake. Luckily, our building was well constructed and the epicenter was a ways away, about 44 miles north of Cebu. The first report was a 5.3 magnitude earthquake but it was quickly upgraded to a 6.9 magnitude. Maybe it was just there were so many. As far as I can tell, everyone is fine in Iloilo. I do worry a bit about Tacloban Mission as they were much closer to the epicenter.
We were ready to roll over and go back to bed when the alarm for the building went off and we had to evacuate while they checked the buildings. We got to spend about 20 minutes outside. Luckily, it wasn't raining and the temperature was pleasant.

Comments
Post a Comment