Family Day

 The month of September is dedicated to families in the Philippines. They usually have a celebration the end of the month. Ours was postponed due to the typhoon so it happened the first Saturday of October. The stake got together by wards for games and activities. We started with a fun walk at 6:30 in the morning, followed by zumba. I wasn't going to get up to zumba but the music was catchy and my toes were tapping, might as well let the rest of the body join in. I ended up winning a prize for best zumba with a lady in Molo first. What can I say, we know how to swing our hips in Molo area. They gave us shampoo, soap and a wash cloth. Not sure if I should read anything into it, but no one stood by us.

They also had a cheer competition. We had a fun time with ours. Our bishop is famous for making losers of games in FHE spell things wiht their hips. He's a master of it. He also used to be in the military and can still do one legged push-ups on his knuckles. Someone grabbed a video of our routine.



They got a picture of us doing a west coast swing as well.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fjordlands

Noumea, New Caledonia

Auckland Temple