My Fairytale Story
In both missions, I have had times when I am in charge of the supply and shopping. With the end of the year winding down, and the accountants in Manila not wanting us to spend any money from Dec 23-Jan 1st, I have been doing lots of shopping to prepare. Part of it was picking up new mattresses for apartments we will be opening in January. We tied down 10 mattresses to the back of the truck then drove slowly to our storage unit. I thought that the truck would tip if we took a corner too quickly. I had to get a picture of me pretending to be the Princess and the Pea. One only gets to live out those fairy tales once upon a time.
Just so you know, Jack and I have both sworn never to drive a truck again after our experiences here in the Philippines. We are not truck drivers.

Comments
Post a Comment