YSA Activity

 We were asked to do a presentation for the Young Single Adults on Time Management as a Discple of Christ. I didn't want to do a lecture. So I found all kinds of games and scriptures to use. I hope it went well. They seemed to have a good time. Of course, I bribed them with fudge.



I had a fun time with the presentation. We started off talking about what is time. I had them all stand up and close their eyes. They needed to sit down quietly when they thought a minute had passed. The first person sat down at about 18 seconds. Then at 47 seconds, 54 seconds, a whole bunch from 57-60 seconds, and a few at 1 min 16 seconds. We talked about Joshua 10:12-14 and Mosiah 40:8. I then had a puzzle race. Each group got a 48 piece puzzle to put together. I just didn't give them the overall picture. It was a struggle although some did great. We talked about without seeing the big picture, it's hard to know how to put things together. We then did the jar with large rocks, pebbles and water, asking if it is full. We talked about how to prioritize what you need and emphasized that being busy is not the same as using time wisely. We need time to rest, relax, laugh and especially spend time with God. I had to cut out a huge section but that was okay. They had a great time and enjoyed snacks afterwards.

How long is a minute?
Working on their puzzle without the big picture








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fjordlands

Noumea, New Caledonia

Auckland Temple